Due to all of the changes we have made, we feel we should address a couple big ticket items so there is no confusion or misinformation being passed around.
1 – Name Change. We are not necessarily changing our name from Butlerville Athletic Association. With us joining a new league we decided to include our local school name so as to give our opponents more of an idea of where/who we are. The athletes we will face are all SWOC schools, which we will face when playing junior high and high school ball. Incorporating Little Miami Elite into our name gives them an idea of who we are. If you play other sports through the school there is a good chance you will play those kids in basketball as well now.
2 – CPYBL vs. CAYBL. While we enjoyed many, many years with CAYBL and will always be grateful for their help, time, and professionalism, we are looking to the future. The people behind CAYBL have always been great to work with and we have the utmost respect for them, but we think our program will benefit by this move.
– CAYBL has 16 communities involved. CPYBL has 55. What this means for our teams? More teams to play.
– CPYBL refs are ALL high school certified refs. One of our biggest complaints the past few years are the referees. While there will always be some complaints and grumbling, we feel this will help alleviate some of that.
– 5 levels of play vs. 3. CPYBL has 5 levels of play to help accommodate ALL players. From players who play just for fun and do it in their downtime from baseball or football in the Rec league to the players who have the skill to play at the uppermost Athletic level, all kids are welcome. Having more divisions will help ensure each kid is playing where they are comfortable and where they fit the best. Also, CPYBL is big enough that teams are not “subcontracted” out – remember, 55 communities are involved.
– Our school is in the SWOC (Southwest Ohio Conference). The teams our schools play are also in the SWOC. It makes sense for our athletes to play against these schools now.
BAA basketball has been around for 40+ years. When our district went through the financial crisis and other programs folded we did not. We worked hard to find locations for practices and games, fought through the tough times felt with the ripple effect that our community went through. Decisions we make are not always simple, and we don’t make them lightly. All decisions are made after lengthy discussions and lots of research. We have always been here to serve the kids of our community, and we plan on doing so for many years to come.
We hope this clears up any misinformation you have been given. We understand that people will talk, so if you ever have any questions or need information, let us know!
~ Butlerville Athletic Association/Little Miami Elite
Butlerville Athletic Association proudly presents Little Miami Elite Youth Basketball. Little Miami Elite is comprised of kids in Grades 2nd-12th in the Little Miami School District. All skill levels are welcome. This year will be an exciting year for us! We have made some changes and improvements to our Basketball Program. We have left CAYBL, and have joined CPYBL (Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League). And also have a fancy new name! Some facts about the new league:
- 2nd-12th grade teams
- 10 game Rec/High-Rec divisions
- Rec teams grouped by location
- NEW 20 game Competitive division
- 20 game Athletic A/B divisions
- League schedules all games
- League manages/assigns refs
- Games played at member gyms
- Optional pre-season tournament
- Post-season tournament
Read more about the new league here: New League